September 20, 2010

SCIC #20 & Papercraft Star Challenge #14

2 in 1 again . . . this week I combined SCIC #20 and a new choice from my Papercraft Star!

The inspiration at Stampin' Celebration was . . .



And Challenge #14 for Papercraft Star was . .

Simon Says Follow this Recipe:

Make a Card
Base: 5.5 x 5.5
Mat: 5 x 5
Score Mat 5 times at 1/4 inch
3 Flowers from Die Cut or Punch
3 Buttons and Twine
(You may also add a sentiment or other items as desired)

So granted for SCIC I didn't use the 'pale pink' . . but chose a 'hot pink' instead. I still like it and these are truly not colors I usually use, so this was completely out of my box! Heck, I have twin boys!

As for Papercraft Star, I usually don't do this size of card . . it is a hard size for me to work with for some reason. So again, totally out of my box!

I scored the mat 5 times at the 1/4 inch mark, but you can barely see it as I placed my 'inchies' over it. My 3 flowers (black) and 3 buttons (pink) are laced through w/ the twine. All I had was brown twine so I ran it threw my black ink a few times to darken it up to fit more w/ the card colors. The pink & white ribbon was a little bright for my card so to tone it down I added a thin black (see-through) ribbon on top of it . . .




Stamps: Fundamental Phrases, Circle Circus (my new favorite - yes, it has been out a while, but I go on kicks when I pull one out I haven't used in a LONG time . . . get ready to see more of it!)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Other: 1 3/8 circle punch, 2-step bird XL punch, word window punch, modern label XL punch, 1 3/4 scallop circle punch, stylus (for scoring)

6 comments:

~Erica~ said...

Super cute- as always! :-)

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Rochelle said...

Fun combination of challenges! I like the colors you used and the "toned down" ribbon is perfect! Thank for playing at the SCIC blog this week!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Darling card! I love the flower embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us at the SCIC. And congrats on being chosen for our Top 3 this week!!

Tracy said...

This is sooo cute! Love that perfect big bow and your little flower rosettes are so sweet. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous! You totally rocked this week's challenge at Papercraft Star! Thanks so much for playing along with us!